Michael Bransby, Director of Process technology at SpectrumLabs.com introduces the KML system. A ready to use, single use scalable perfusion platform.
The KML (KrosFlo MagLev) Benchtop Perfusion and Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) System) has been designed to cope with many TFF process operations. The system has been designed to manage between 1.5L and 100L working volume bioreactors using gamma sterilized single-use perfusion flow-paths.
The system uses a single-use, non-pulsating, levitating magnetic pump controlled by the PLC. One of the main advantages of the system is that it is low shear, which lends itself for improved cell viability.
The integrated colour touchscreen is used to display pressures, flows, weights and process overview with end user set-point functionality. Operators are also able to input values for managing six different TFF modes in addition to a manual operation mode.
The modes include:
- Concentration / Diafiltration
- Concentration / Diafiltration / Final Concentration
- Concentration / Diafiltration (1) / Diafiltration (2) / Final Concentration
- Continuous Feed or Diafiltration
Additional advancements to this system include automatic back pulsing features, USB port for real time data collection and a graphical display process data.
Advantages listed by SpectrumLabs.com include:
- Low Shear
- Small Benchtop footprint
- Completely integrated Ethernet communication option
- Automated auxiliary pumps (third pump optional)
- Built-in Colour Touch Screen
- Non-invasive Automated Retente Control Valve
- Non-invasive Ultrasonic Clamp-on Retente Flow Meter
- USB port for Data Collection
- Visual and Audible Alarms with Safety Interlocks
- Versatile – can be used for TFF Perfusion, 5 additional TFF modes of operations and manual mode