BioProcess International (BPI), has announced the finalists for the 2016 BioProcess International Awards. The awards recognize the outstanding individual and team achievements, emerging companies and their technologies, groundbreaking business collaborations and strategies, corporate responsibility, and technology applications that will allow the industry to deliver better, more effective treatments to a global patient base. The finalists were chosen from 125+ nominations from around the world. The finalists and winners will be recognized on Wednesday, 5 October 2016, at the Awards Dinner and Ceremony at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston, MA.
“The BioProcess International Award program has come to represent the very best this industry has to offer. In 2016, a record number of submitted nominations ensures that this group of BPI Award finalists reflects and represents the dedication, innovation and imagination embodied by this industry as a whole,” said Brian Caine, Co-Founder and Publisher of BioProcess International. “Congratulations to all the nominees and finalists.We look forward to introducing the 2016 BioProcess International Award winners and their incredible achievements.”
BioProcess International 2016 Award Finalists:
Excellence in Leadership
Recognizes any single individual in a company whose leadership skills have allowed them to successfully help their businesses achieve operational excellence.
- Dr. Marcel Bassil, Associate Director, Biotech, Benta SAL
- Dr. Igor Fisch, Chief Executive Officer, Selexis
- Olivier Loeillot, General Manager, GE Healthcare
Recognizes the companies to watch! New science, new technologies that have seen significant industry adoption with the chance to change the status-quo.
- Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult * Cell Therapy
- NuMedii * Digital Health
- Quad Technologies * Cell Therapy
Recognizes companies that have made unique and significant contributions to the local, regional, and global community.
- Baxter – The Baxter International Foundation
- Biogen – Closing the Hemophilia Gap in the Developing World
- GlaxoSmithKline – The PULSE Partnership
Excellence in Facility Design or Retrofit
Recognizes a facility that exemplifies innovation through the use of key technologies and/or designs.
- FujiFilm DioSynth – Re-Purposing a Microbial facility for Multi-Product GMP Manufacturing
- Gibraltar Laboratories – cGMP Independent Lab and Sterilization Services
- JHL Biotech – Installation of KUBio Biomanufacturing Solution
Partnerships that have proven to result in significant benefits toward accelerating drug development.
- G-CON/PCMM Consortium – The PCMM Consortium
- Pall Life Sciences/FloDesign – Disruptive Cadence Acoustic Separator
- Puridify/GSK – FibroSelect Industrial Use
Best Technology Application – Upstream
User or supplier of an application that has demonstrated significant adoption, process improvements and documented results.
- Nova Biomedical – BioProfile FLEX2
- Glycotope – SAM – Perfusion in an Ambr System
- Stratophase – Ranger Service
Best Technology Application – Downstream
User or supplier that has been able to demonstrate reduction in downstream processing steps, time, and cost.
- Pall Life Sciences – Cadence Acoustic Separator
- Puridify – FibroSelect
- Sanofi – Continuous Disposable Technology
Best Technology Application – Analytical
User or supplier has demonstrated increased functionality in novel combinations with other analytical technologies.
- Catalent Pharma Solutions – Biolayer Interferometry (Octet)
- Ovizio – iLine F
- Sciex – High Throughput Glycoslyation Analysis
BPI’s 2016 Industry Champion
- Mark Petrich – Director, Single-Use Systems Engineering, Merck
BioProcess Awards Ceremony & Dinner –
Wednesday October 5, 2016, from 7:00pm-10:00pm
As part of Biotech Week Boston held Oct 4-7, 2016, the 2016 BioProcess International Awards dinner will honor the individuals, organizations and technologies that have significantly impacted, and advanced the efficiency of biotherapeutic development and manufacturing process.
A special offer for a three-day exhibit hall pass to Biotech Week Boston, along with a ticket to the BioProcess Awards Ceremony & Dinner is available for $299. Use VIP Code BIOPR299 to register online by September 30, 2016.
For more information on the finalists and the 2016 BioProcess International Industry Champion, please visit http://www.bioprocessintl.com/awards.